General Manager, Wastewater Treatment Plant
THE EASTSOUND SEWER & WATER DISTRICT (ESWD) has an immediate opening for a GENERAL MANAGER of the WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT OPERATIONS.
ESWD is seeking a General Manager to manage the plant operations and administrative responsibilities of the District and who is committed to meeting the needs of the District’s customers and ensuring the community’s surrounding waterways are protected. The General Manager will answer to the Board of Commissioners and be responsible for meeting the wastewater needs of the communities of Orcas Island into and through the next decade.
The successful candidate will possess a WWTP Operator III certification and have a proven track record in managing a small to a mid-size treatment plant, lift station, and collection system. Expertise in finances and fiscal management and the ability to maintain a positive relationship with employees, customers, and the community is required.
Please contact ESWD at 360-376-2720 for more information about position qualifications and essential functions.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $115,000 – $125,000, DEPENDENT UPON EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION.
Open until filled. First review of resumes: May 22, 2021
Eastsound Sewer and Water District (ESWD) has a full-time position open for an Executive Assistant. This employee will provide a wide range of administrative support to the District’s General and Business Manager(s), and Commissioners. All District employees are responsible for maintaining a professional, positive, and productive working relationship with colleagues, Commissioners, and customers.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job is required. Minimum qualifications most compatible with the duties of the position:
- Experience: Four (4) years of experience working for a government entity with responsibility for processing utility payments/accounts payable, providing customer service to customers that can be contentions/disagreeable, or related experience.
- Education: An Association’s degree in business administration, accounting, or administrative services, or an equivalent amount of training in accounting; a high school diploma or GED.
- Must possess a valid Washington State Driver's License with no driving offenses in the last two years and current and sufficient auto insurance.
- Bondable: Ability to acquire a fidelity bond (required for the handling of District finances).
- Must complete a pre-employment background investigation to include a credit check.